FLU, HUSTLE AND (FINALLY) ANNUAL LEAVE!

Diary,

The weather lately has been something else. One minute it's cold and breezy, the next it's hot and humid, then suddenly the rain comes pouring down like it has a personal vendetta. It finally caught up with me. I’ve been fighting a stubborn flu that has refused to let go. Sore throat, body aches, runny nose, and this kind of tiredness that feels like your bones are giving up on you.

Despite all that, work has not slowed down. Meetings still had to happen, emails kept coming in, and deadlines did not care that I could barely keep my eyes open. Somehow, I managed to keep pushing through. Maybe it's the thought of what’s coming that has kept me going. My first annual leave of the year is almost here, and I am holding on to that like a lifeline!

It’s funny how the body starts breaking down just before rest finally shows up. It’s like it knew a break was coming and decided it was safe to collapse a little. I have already started mentally planning what those days off will look like. 

Sleep is definitely at the top of the list. 

Long, uninterrupted sleep.

 Then maybe some activities, a few books I’ve been meaning to read, slow mornings, and if I still have energy, a quiet getaway somewhere.

For now though, it’s me, my ginger tea, some flu meds, random home remedies and this pile of work that refuses to finish itself. I am tired but grateful. It has been a long stretch, and this rest is well deserved.

If you are also under the weather, I hope you get the space to rest and recover. We all need it more than we admit sometimes.

Until next time,

Debbie 💓

Comments

  1. So beautifully written, Debbie. It’s funny how our bodies hold out until rest is finally in sight. Glad you’re getting some time off — sounds like it’s well deserved. Wishing you deep rest, healing, and some quiet joy. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts