SILVER


It happened and it was beautiful.

I turned 25 exactly one week ago. The “big” silver jubilee.

The initial plan was to do nothing if I was unemployed. All my friends and family kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I would very seriously say I would like a job or something to do. Well, a week to the start of august, I got an offer letter to resume on the second of August. I still don’t know how it happened but I can not believe I got the job I cancelled my girl’s trip for. My excitement for that trip was crazy but I was scheduled to take the exam on day 2 of my trip which automatically meant it had to be cancelled.



I resumed that job on the 2nd of August and it has been a real learning experience.

Remember the list of 25 things I intended to do before I turned 25? Well, I have a few things untouched… but I have two things I’m willing to share. One of them was going on a solo trip and also doing something I really love for the rest of my life. I’m steady working on them. That list was supposed to be publicized but I can’t lie, some things on that list are a little embarrassing so that list will never be seen by anyone other than me.

For the birthday itself, I had no plans. I kept brushing it off. My parents refused to let me sit at home like I did last year and they put together a whole event. It took a lot to plan a 25-person dinner with all the trimmings but it came together beautifully regardless of the snags here and there.

I’m truly thankful for all my friends who showed up, showed out, sent love, gave gifts, supported me and stood by me especially through such a terrible year. It is nearly impossible for me to picture celebrating my birthday any other way (maybe on an island with easy-on-the-eye gentlemen offering me virgin mojitos while I sit on a beach). The love was crazy and it's the same love I feel from these people every other day.

Reading my blog posts, especially my last post, will give some insight into how frustrated, angry, tired and close to giving up I’ve been but I’m happy things are playing out okay right now. That was one of the reasons I took a short break coupled with adjusting to this new life set-up.

I do have a lot of expectations, especially this year. I need a lot of personal changes to happen in the next year and I’m working on them so it doesn’t end in disappointments.

I want a good, happy year for me. A year filled with lessons, wins, grace and strength to handle losses.

Comments

  1. Super! Great Testimony!! Keep the fire on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to be grateful for. I am happy for you dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. You've been awesome through it all.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy for you and I'm proud of your growth baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May we always have reasons to be grateful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy for you Debzzzz. Keep winning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay winning
    Congratulations 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rose ⚘for your new age, a sun �� for your new phase. Be passionate about what you do. Adulthood is a common ground, embrace it.

    AWESOME DIARY!!! INSPIRE ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silverrrrrrrrr , Happy Birthday once again , you are truly awesome

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts