Be Kind
I understand certain people simply cannot hide when they are going through rough patches and that is completely understandable. It even makes it easier to be able to detect and figure out how to move or react accordingly but must we only be nice to those who look like they’re going through a lot?
A person does not need to look like they are carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders before you key into your humanity. Alternatively, you don’t have to snap at everyone because you’re in a bit of a tight spot.
This year has been quite rough for me. It has been like a spill-over from 2020 and it just gives me hell sometimes. It seems effortless for me to just smile in front of a camera or share a joke and never share what is going on because everybody is going through their own thing but again, I don’t think it’s an excuse to be a complete grinch to people. I don’t believe in ripping through people because I have something going on. I also don’t expect people to read my mind and understand my experiences if I don’t explain to them. I wouldn’t expect to be treated differently because I’m going through a tough spot. However, I appreciate people being kind and patient with me especially during tough times.
I live by the “be kind” mantra every day and I try to be very careful about the words I put out. A person does not have to tell me what they’re going through or even be going through anything before I decide I’m going to be a decent human being. With the recent loss of our beloved Black Panther; Chadwick Boseman; everybody on social media was going crazy talking about kindness, dropping think pieces and, quoting it every other day. It’s a very wonderful message but it was very short-lived because a new joke at the expense of someone sprung up so fast.
The Nigerian social media scene can get so toxic and even so bad in reality that people stay on edge and respond with as much vitriol as they expect to receive or even worse. Even in our homes, we get put down then imagine the words some weirdos behind their screens say because they know there will probably be no consequences for their actions.
Needing a release is so necessary sometimes but it isn’t fair if you release your frustrations by lashing out at someone else. I read through some nasty words thrown around for no reason and I just think those people are hurt and trying to hurt someone else. It is the worst way to deal with pain and anger. You have no idea the effect of your words or actions on someone else. It might be a little joke to you but it’s tearing the next person down.
Think before you speak and stay kind.


❤️❤️
ReplyDelete