Making Memories
Memories are everything to me.
It’s quite
sad that we can’t permanently get rid of really bad memories but that’s just a
part of life. We have to remember, learn and not make the same mistakes.
I’m in what
a lot of people call the “prime of life” but I believe you’re truly in your
prime when you’re at your happiest and feeling some level of fulfilment. I’m neither
of those things but I want to enjoy my life and make new memories because I’ll
never be this age again or have a time like this.
I spent the
better part of last night looking through old pictures and having mixed
feelings. I haven’t had a lot of crazy fun memories but I’ve had good times
that I remember. I looked at pictures from my university days and I felt some regret for not being as adventurous as I could’ve been but I had my
reasons not to at the time. Most of the good memories I have remind me of how
happy I felt in the moment and not necessarily the exact events and that's a feeling I want to always chase.
Right now,
I’m trying to go out of my way to do things. I’m so deep in being an introvert
that I think of being back home when I step out. I’m fixing that now. Well,
sort of…
I put it
out on my Instagram that I have 25 things I want to do before I turn 25 and those
things are relatively simple to other people but they are huge steps to me. My only
issue is creating permanent memories with temporary people. For example; I’m
still salty about seeing Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War with who I saw it with
but I’ve seen it two more times to kind of block that out. I’m being very
careful with who I experience special things with but I know I don’t want to
check everything off my list by myself.
Today, I
took some major steps to working on my list of memories and I hope
I get to do them all without the spirit of introversion overwhelming me.
There are a
couple of people in my life who push me to experience new things and create new
memories and I feel we should all have one person in our lives that does that.
If you don’t have that, be that person for you.
Creating new memories doesn’t have to be so expensive or so crazy but it should be something different and something you think you’ll like. You won't regret it.


Creating Memories, a necessity
ReplyDeleteI was thinking of this this morning, being in the moment, being present. Memories are everything.
ReplyDelete“Being present”. We’re too distracted worrying about the next hour that we don’t properly enjoy this minute.
DeleteThank you for sharing ❤️
Your blog reminds me to live ❤️
ReplyDeleteI’m glad it does. Thank you for reading ❤️
Delete"...who I experience special things with". Whew.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder.