Quiet days

 It’s 6:30am and my alarm is going off but that’s fine. I’ve been up since 4:30am.

It’s hard to believe but I woke up so early because my new sheets are coming in today. I know that’s not a good enough reason to be excited but I’m currently redesigning my room to give off this minimalist grey/ white/ black/ beige vibe and I’m doing that on the tightest budget known to man. The slightest addition makes me so giddy.

Anyway, the sheets came in and were better than I thought but I couldn’t lay them out till I fixed a little kitchen sink plumbing leak. I wear several hats in this household seeing I’m unemployed, live with my parents and I’m the only child around. Fantastic stuff. It wasn't a bad leak so I handled that fast and went about other things.

I have this ritual before changing my sheets where I take a shower, get dressed, take out the old sheets then lay the new ones. The smell of new, clean sheets makes me really happy and warm inside in this cold empty world.

Most of my days after running personal errands involves laying in bed or sitting at my desk flipping through apps, web pages and researching random things I come across. Today though, I did that at my desk and resonated with the various complaints about an overnight increase of the price of petrol. This invariably means an increase in price of everything from food to transportation to every single thing under the scorching sun. It is hard living here.

It was a pretty regular day for me but that makes me happy. The beauty of my days is that I find joy in the littlest things since I barely do anything conventionally exciting. For most of my adult life and teen years, I would wake up severely depressed and too weak to face the day. The simple things I do these days makes me happy and gives me a reason to secretly smile to myself. It would be nice to do really exciting things but I appreciate the quiet days.

It was a good day.

Comments

  1. Very relatable. I can’t wait to reorganize my room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely can relate, beginning of January, my sister and I redecorated our room and the feeling of accomplishment was outta this world. The simple things goes a long way in keeping us sane. Proudd❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts