Guilty Pleasures

I hit snooze on my 6:30 am alarm for the fourth time.

I woke up mad late again today but that's okay. I don't have anywhere to be. I got up and went straight to clean up and fix breakfast before anything else to clear up my morning.

Today is Tuesday and that directly translates to a new episode of Love and Hip-hop: Family Reunion I can watch it while I eat breakfast! Yay!

Okay, we all have guilty pleasures and one of mine is following unserious "reality TV". I put it in quotes because it’s not always 100% reality but it is very entertaining. I’m a little too involved in their lives because of these shows and I even go as far as picking a side when drinks fly or wigs are pulled or fights ensue. I never publicly admit it though. I’m too cool for that.

Guilty pleasures are quite common and even if you know they’re not the best thing for you, they give you comfort right when you need it and the best part is nobody has to know or judge you based on them. Another terrible guilty pleasure of mine is taking anything specifically with heavy cream or milk or cheese (even if I'm lactose intolerant) while I stream drag queen moments on YouTube.

After the show and reading through all the comments I could find, I went out and got my shattered phone screen guard replaced even if someone said pretty girls have broken phone screens. I didn’t say it but I read it somewhere and I can't remember where right now. I also got new phone pouches (matte black and clear) to kind of fit my black and white vibe that I have going on right now.

I spent the better part of my day in bed scrolling through social media, job applications, and articles. On the job front, I'm still looking, applying, testing, and staying positive. I think I'll make a separate post on what job hunting is like on this end and almost how funny it is but I'm riding out the experience.

Since I have so much free time though, I spend time doing the things I want to do and not feel bad about them because there’s almost nobody to catch me in the act or judge me.

It's the end of my day now and I'll just have dinner, catch an episode of Dr. Pimple Popper (another guilty pleasure) and turn in early.

Comments

  1. Great read. Guilty pleasures aren’t so bad 😌

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the thrill that comes in guilty pleasures is what makes it worthwhile, like "am I going to react to milk today or is it just going to satisfy my cravings" 😂😂

    YOLO, guilty pleasures are like jellybeans (I just said nonsense but they are like jellybeans)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joy is in satisfying your craving and seeing how far it'll take you when it wants to deal with you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts