Focus On The Good

 I don’t have anywhere to be.

I say that to myself every day I wake up later than 6:00 am as a way to comfort myself for not being up so early. Today, I was up by 6:55 am (which is late to me) and feeling lazy so I stayed in bed till about 7:45 am.

I had no desire to “seize the day” as motivational speakers say we should do. I just wanted to stay in bed, read up on all the Grammy 2021 gist and judge everyone’s style choices while I look like a burnt potato but that wasn’t how it played out. Nope. Chores and errands had to be done.

With how my life is set up, I don’t have to do a lot of things around my house but I do them simply because I am a good child and the pride of my family. I am. I’m the best child ever.

I went ahead to do everything I had to do which led to even more things to do and by evening, I was exhausted but fulfilled. I’ll be honest; the fact that I get busy gives me joy because it keeps the negative thoughts at bay and I love the process of doing things from start to finish.  I took out my time to clean, double clean and cook today.

My mind is usually filled with random thoughts when I’m too free or unoccupied. I admit the thoughts aren’t always positive as I find myself comparing my life to how well others are living and succeeding but I’m consciously trying to change that by focusing on all the good things happening to me right now. That's one thing I've learned over the years. Focus on the good.

Today, I couldn’t even sit at my desk or lay in bed for too long without feeling like I was supposed to be doing something and I loved it. I still found some time to read all the Grammy gist and scrutinize outfits (what on earth was Doja Cat wearing on the red carpet please?) to my satisfaction though.

It wasn’t a bad day and it wasn’t the best day. 

It was just fine and that’s all I need right now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts