Favorite Things

“These are a few of my favorite things…”

It's only fitting I start this post with a quote from a classic movie from my childhood. I love old movies, music, fashion, pictures, architectural design, history, etc. Okay, maybe I shouldn't say old. I should use classic or vintage or retro or some other cool word but that's how best I can describe loving everything old school. A friend referred to me as a "retrophiliac" and I think that's accurate but my love for all things old makes me think of a happier time in my life.

I can't explain the influence but I think my parents had a part to play because of what I was constantly surrounded by and the books I grew up reading. I grew up a quiet, introverted child but I was talkative if I found something I liked. My dad encouraged that a lot and answered almost any question I would ask. It’s no surprise we share very similar interests till today.

My favorite things give me comfort all the time regardless of the kind of day I’m having. They are, in no particular order;

 - Puppies

     - The architecture of old or modern buildings around the world

·        - Serial Killer documentaries/articles

·        - Naps

·        - Anything from Whitney Houston

·        - Music from the 70s-90s

·        - Visiting the beach

·        - Re-watching The Lion King, The Office, The Fresh Prince of BelAir, and Friends

·        - Native Nigerian meals; I’m a mix of two major tribes and a smaller tribe so I eat everything native that tastes good

·        - African literature

·        - Reading on major historical events

·        - Art galleries

·        - Gospel music; specifically from Ron Kenoly and Alvin Slaughter

·        - Sunflowers

·        -  Hot puff-puff

- Ginger tea

- Research on random interesting subjects

I still pick up new things from time to time and genuinely enjoy them but everything on this list will always make me happy. A couple of them came in handy today since it rained all day.

What are some of your favorite things?

 

Comments

  1. Nice read
    I don’t think there’s enough characters to list my favorite things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard to even list these as my favorite because I have a ton of things I love but these take the cake

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts