Adulting: A Scam.

 

I truly wish I could go back to the days of school bags, lunch boxes, diapers, naps whenever, and someone running helter-skelter to make me stop crying. I wish I could even go to a time before that because I am tired of being an adult!

Today is Monday and even when I have no clear cut-out plan for what I intend to do on a day like today, I still feel haunted by the thoughts of responsibilities. I even feel guilty when I’m resting because I feel something is supposed to be getting done. That sense of guilt when you're too free is what my dad calls "being a grown up". 

My weekend was filled with getting set for this week. I had to go to the market, cook, clean, send out emails, document events, run errands that kept me in traffic and every outing was met with debit alerts. I hate it here.

Adulting is just filled with stress, responsibilities, heartbreak, headaches, hangovers, debit alerts, backaches (oh the bloody backaches), so many more uncomfortable situations, and like twenty minutes of pure fun.

I believe society and the media glamourized adulthood way too much for us and we couldn’t wait to grow up and live these exciting lives and join this exclusive fun club. I’m here to say I regret wishing for adulthood the way I did. I should’ve stayed a child for as long as I could because the only fun thing about adulthood is nobody forces me to do what I don’t want to… scratch that. I still get told what to do.

Unfortunately, things have changed a lot between the time my generation was much younger and now. We have to do so much more than our parents did when they were younger to stay afloat. We have to run businesses, work to the bone and jump through hurdles to survive because we don’t have as many opportunities. So I get very excited when we find time to have fun. However, it is just too overwhelming sometimes.

I just want my Golden Morn, a nap, and a time machine.


Comments

  1. Apt.
    Things get harder as we grow older, I'm craving that Golden Morn now 😣😣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that guilty feeling. Always trying to fill it up��

    Anyways, sign me up to getting my childhood back. I don't like this adulthood ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, scam.or not, adulting is staring us all in da face...going to take some golden morn now...what cannot be helped must be endured

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts